OUR Q4 2017 EVENT - December 7, 2017
100+ Who Care Chicago puts on four events each year to support Chicago-area, local-focused non-profit organizations.
- 5:15pm - Doors Open
- 5:30-6:15pm - Networking
- 6:15-7pm - Official Program
- 7pm - Post-Event Networking
Guest speaker - Alex Pissios
Alex Pissios heads up the largest sound stage for film in the U.S. outside of California, in what was a 50-acre industrial lot in the North Lawndale neighborhood of Chicago, transformed by his uncle, Nick Mirkopoulos. Located on the west side of downtown Chicago, Cinespace Chicago Film Studios occupies 1.45 million sq. ft. of what use to be the old Ryerson Steel Company.
Movies and TV shows filmed here, including Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, Chicago Med, and Empire, have brought thousands of jobs to North Lawndale and over a billion dollars of revenue to our city and state.
In 2014, the CineCares Foundation was established in Uncle Nick’s honor. His love for Chicago and his generous, devoted attention to disadvantaged youth and their families coalesced into a strong desire to make a real difference in their lives by making industry-focused resources available to them. CineCares is now devoted to training and employing area residents through education and job training in TV & Film.
How it works
- Each attendee brings a $100 check or donates $100 through the uBack app - just search "100 Plus Who Care Chicago."
- Everyone is encouraged (though not required) to submit the name of a local 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
- After the reception and opening remarks, three organizations are picked out of a “hat.” The nominators tell us about the mission, work, and impact of their nominee.
- The evening’s attendees vote to award the collective donation to one of those three nonprofits.
The goal is that at least 100 people attend each event so we can present the evening’s winner with at least $10,000. We donate every single dollar to that nonprofit.
The events are a great opportunity to learn about more local nonprofits and their important causes.
The receptions are a fun, relaxed time to connect with other socially conscious Chicagoans. We offer complimentary beer, wine, and food, thanks to our generous sponsors.