OUR Q3 EVENT - SEPTEMBER 14, 2017
100+ Who Care Chicago puts on four events each year to support Chicago-area, local-focused non-profit organizations.
- 5:15pm - Doors Open
- 5:30-6:15pm - Networking
- 6:15-7pm - Official Program
- 7pm - Post-Event Networking
Guest speaker - NORM WINER
Norm Winer is Co-Founder & Chief Content Curator of Fort Knox Network, Chicago. He is one of North America’s most respected and celebrated radio programmers and media strategists. Norm's body of work includes extended stints as Director of Programming at WXRT Chicago (1979-2016) and CBS Radio VP of Rock (2003-2009), and he has enjoyed prominent roles at legendary FM rock outlets, in San Francisco and Boston in the 1970’s. Norm was named recipient of Chicago’s Fifth Star Award in 2015, the first media figure to be so honored, for contributions to the arts and culture of the City of Chicago. The public presentation in Millennium Park included personal testimonials from U2’s Bono (sharing the revelation that “…if it weren’t for Norm Winer, there would be no U2!”) and The Smashing Pumpkins’ Billy Corgan, as well as other musicians and members of Chicago’s arts community. It is also worth noting that this year marks the twentieth anniversary of “Norm Winer Day” being proclaimed in the City of Chicago on July 4, 1997.
How it works
- Each attendee brings a $100 check or donates $100 through the uBack app - just search "100 Plus Who Care Chicago."
- Everyone is encouraged (though not required) to submit the name of a local 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
- After the reception and opening remarks, three organizations are picked out of a “hat.” The nominators tell us about the mission, work, and impact of their nominee.
- The evening’s attendees vote to award the collective donation to one of those three nonprofits.
The goal is that at least 100 people attend each event so we can present the evening’s winner with at least $10,000. We donate every single dollar to that nonprofit.
The events are a great opportunity to learn about more local nonprofits and their important causes.
The receptions are a fun, relaxed time to connect with other socially conscious Chicagoans. We offer complimentary beer, wine, and food, thanks to our generous sponsors.